Table of Contents
Features to Implement
Logged in to do everything but subscribe
Subscription - edit email address
Medium/High: Search Notices
- search box (in the top of every page)
- default search
- Not finding what you're looking for, links to Advanced Search
Medium: Advanced Search
- date range (maybe default is 2 weeks?) could use a cool calendar for this instead of standard form markup
- return all notices with given words, so an empty search is just a browse all in the date range
- only titles, only bodies
- query refinements: +,-,wildcards?
- checkboxes for specific categories, advanced search refinements
- include the past notices currently stored in text files?
Below: Links to archives
- Lower priority
High: Edit Posts
- Function: allow user to modify submitted notice before it is distributed
- Information: essentially, this will be the same as the notice submission form, just populated with the user's previous data
HTML in Notices
- I think we agreed that users should not be able to include HTML, especially pictures
- just plain-text, then?
- Include W&L header/footer from the rest of the site.
- left-hand sidebar will include the following pages:
- Campus Notices (explanatory welcome page)
- Today's Notices
- Search Notices
- My Preferences
- Log out on every page
(ordering is tentative for now)
- Official University Notices
- Academic Notices
- Campus Events
- Greek Notices
- Athletic Notices (includes D-III, club, intramural)
- Campus Organization Notices
- Community Service
- Personal Notices (break up into lost/found, for sale, and misc?)
- Long term area for posts lasting over 1 week?