Table of Contents
5 Most Recent Entries
Upon returning for the Spring term,
- Complete current, in-progress analysis
- Document scripts
- Make sure everything is in SVN
- Write final report together
Discuss 30-second slide
- Why is your research problem an interesting problem?
- Why is it important?
- Why is your solution unique?
Discuss Presenting Poster
- Similar to 30-second slide but in a little more detail
Instructions for Tapia
- Get all and keep all receipts
- Meet and talk to at least 3 non-students
- potential employers, graduate school affiliates
- Meeting and talking to students should be easy
- consider meeting graduate students in programs you're interested in
- Take pictures for the dept blog!
- Business cards?
- Color printouts of posters
- Remember good questions, feedback
- Making posters for SSA
- Make clear motivation for problem, approach, limitations of state of the art, preliminary results
- Individual meetings until otherwise noted
- Handling setbacks: server was down for 4 days and we had to create backup plans
- Updates on progress
- Discussion of next steps