This is an old revision of the document!
Symbolic Logic Tutorial
To help students learn Symbolic Logic, we are developing an online Symbolic Logic tutorial. Authorized professors can create quizzes for their students to take, in either practice or graded mode.
- More modern, responsive user interface
- Leverage Bootstrap components, as appropriate
- Professor functionality
- Grade question by question instead of student by student
- Propagate an assigned point value across all identical (or equivalent?) answers (this makes the above particularly effective)
- Vertical arrangement of student answer and correct answer for easier comparison
- Copy ALL quizzes from one courses to another instead of copying them individually
- Quiz functionality
- Detect unbound variables
- for practice quizzes, feedback in grading
- Display unmatched parentheses in grading mode, and/or implement parenthesis matching in the student input field
- Handle that “V” cannot be one of a “letter” in the key (likely part of the professor's quiz creation–may be other places?)
- Allow a user to take a practice quiz without having an authorized account (special set of “public” quizzes – demonstrates the application's functionality)