This is an old revision of the document!
Letters of Recommendation
When you ask for a letter of recommendation, you should ask
- if the faculty member if they can write you a strong letter
- provide information about what the requester of the letter of recommendation are looking for.
- provide any information that you think specifically should be mentioned
- You may want to provide a resume
- Remind faculty about what courses you had them with, any accomplishments you would like highlighted
- provide a deadline–with at least two weeks lead time
There is more information about letters specific to graduate school.